We the undersigned petition the council to
- Work with developers to urgently reconsider the proposed 4 month road closure of the Torbay Ring Road.
- Commit to preventing surrounding, minor roads being used inappropriately for diversions or motorists trying to avoid the roadworks, i.e. residential roads of Goodrington and Whiterock, and single track country lanes used to access Galmpton, Stoke Gabriel and Aish from Totnes and Kennels Road, Goodrington and Whiterock, and single track country lanes used to access Galmpton, Stoke Gabriel and Aish from Totnes and Kennels Road.
We consider this important to reduce the impact of the proposed works on:
- Residents in adjacent areas of Whiterock, Goodrington, Hookhills, Waddeton, and Galmpton. These areas will be impacted be increased traffic on roads unsuited to this either due to being within residential areas, and single track with agricultural traffic needing to tend to livestock.
- Residents in the above areas, as well as Brixhan who will be isolated from essential services including, but not limited to: schools, carers, supermarkets, pharmacies and GP services.
- Emergency service personnel who may be delayed in attending to incidents.
- Health and social care staff who will experience significant delays in carrying out their essential work.
- Brixham traders and their supply chain (in and out) who will experience delays and likely reduction in customers.
- Driving instructors and learner drivers.
|Firstly, thank you for taking the time to sign my petition. It now has 3,600 signatures, which is incredible and reflects the strength of feeling about the proposed road closure.
Unfortunately, Torbay Council contacted me last week to advise that they are unable to accept this petition as it is not compliant with their policy. However, they have supported me to start a separate petition via their website, which I would ask you to consider signing. If we achieve over 1000 signatures on that petition, we are able to ask for it to be discussed when cabinet next meets early in 2023.
The link to the new petition is as follows: https://www.torbay.gov.uk/DemocraticServices/mgEPetitionDisplay.aspx?id=500000052
Given the significant support that this petition has achieved, I would welcome contact from others who might be willing to assist in promoting and delivering the campaign to the developers and supporting me to attend the cabinet meeting if we get there. If you are able to help in any way (practical or advisory), please contact me via 38degrees so that we can form a plan of action.Thank you once again for your interest and support.
Charlotte Knowles started this campaign on the 38 Degrees Campaigns by You website. If there’s an issue close to your heart that you’d like to start a petition on, you can start your petition here.
You are receiving this message because you signed the petition “Stop Torbay Ring Road closure“.If you don’t want to receive emails from the “Stop Torbay Ring Road closure” campaign in the future, please unsubscribe.